Saturday, May 26, 2012

Curlypops Make it in May Skirt Challenge


Last weekend we went away to Sewjourn. Oh,  it was so good.  Just what we all needed and so perfect to catch up with the crafty girls, Lara, Katherine, Annie, Nikki, Megan, Karen and Tanya.  More pics on their blogs too. 

This time I was determined to cut out my sewing before I left so I might get a bit more finished.  It was a battle with work, commuting to Melbourne for meetings and Matt's birthday,  but even more that I am a one project at a time person.  As soon as something was cut out I wanted to sew it and work on it until it was complete.  It was very hard to put it aside and cut out the next one.


I joined the Curlypops Make it in May Skirt along challenge where you pledged to make a shirt for yourself during May.  I've had this Collette Ginger skirt in my stash for awhile and I was keen to make it.  I wasn't sure if the high waist would suit someone who has had four very large babies but a nice bit of stretch in the denim was forgiving.  I like the cut and it did come together perfectly. 

The Collette pattern was also nice to work through, with clear directions and good illustration,  and I am looking forward to sewing some more of their patterns too.http://www.curlypops.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/make-it-in-may-skirt-sew-along.html

Thanks Cam for the challege,  and thanks girls for the fun weekend away!

8 comments:

Annie said...

Looks good rach, I shoul have joined that challenge too

Midge said...

It came up really well, and looks great with boots. By the way I'm a but envious of you stash of wood too.

Jane said...

That skirt looks fabulous! And in denim, I'm sure it will get loads of wear in all seasons. I'm also envious of your woodpile :)

Nikki said...

Perfect! Perfect weekend and perfect skirt! You wear it well, too. :)

CurlyPops said...

I love it! Such a nice style of skirt. I haven't heard of that pattern, which of course means that now I'm adding it to my 'want to buy' list!
Thankyou so much for joining in the sew-along.

Calidore said...

Stunning Rachel and like you need to worry about a high waist...lol.

our shabby cottage said...

You look ready to chop some wood!!! Ha, ha,. no just kidding, it looks great and whoever took those photos needs a pat on the back!!

Karen said...

I love this skirt on you Rach - it's a really lovely fit.
Always a pleasure to spend a weekend (or two) with you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...